Really think all cleaners are the same? It's important to take your clothes to a truly professional cleaner who really understands and cares about what they are doing. That's who we are! ClassiCleaners expert care of your clothes--along with excellent customer service--are your guarantee of peace of mind. We'll spoil you!
Our Washington DC Dry Cleaners treat you as someone special. You can see it in the friendly greeting at the counter. You'll know by the cheerful way we handle special requests. We also handle your clothes like the special items they are. And you'll notice the difference in our first-class cleaning and pressing. Our thorough and reliable process is what puts us ahead of other cleaners.
Quality Cleaning by People Who Care
Copyright 2011: ClassiCleaners | Eco Dry Cleaning. All Rights Reserved.
Let’s take a closer look at how ClassiCleaners does things:
Our Commitment to Clean Clothes and a Clean Planet -- ClassiCleaners is one of only a handful of cleaners in the metro Washington, DC area using an alternative cleaning method called GreenEarth Cleaning. The GreenEarth Cleaning agent used to dry clean your clothes is chemically inert. This means it does not chemically interact with your clothes in any way. Rather, it carries detergent to your clothes and rinses away suspended dirt and oils trapped by the detergent.
Because our eco dry cleaning is chemically inert, it is gentler on your clothes. Wools do not come out looking "washed out," dry or full of static. Silks and acetates are treated much more gently. Colors remain bright and intact since there is no chemical reaction with the solution.
And of course, GreenEarth Cleaning is better for you because "it's good for everybody." You can be assured that ClassiCleaners is a safer cleaner -- for you, for your garments, for our employees and for our environment.
Most Alexandria cleaners clean your clothing using one of two types of petroleum-based solvents. The most common is perchlorethylene--or “Perc” as it is commonly called. Perc is used because of its excellent cleaning properties and its predictable interaction with both natural and synthetic fibers. The second most commonly-used cleaning solvent is hydrocarbon. Although not quite as effective as “perc,” this solvent also has good cleaning ability.
Unfortunately, these solvents clean almost too well, they can be harsh on your garment’s fabrics. And both have an undesirable impact on our environment and if not managed properly can develop an unpleasant odor which is transferred to your clothes!
Our People and Facilities -- We start with the basics. ClassiCleaners employees have the training and experience required to produce top-notch results. Our facility and equipment are cleaned and maintained on a daily basis, so your clothes are handled safely and without damage. Our crystal clear GreenEarth Cleaning solution is meticulously purified and checked several times each day to ensure your clothes come as clean as possible. Our high standard of quality control in all aspects of facilities operations is a critical priority to insure we meet or exceed your expectations.
Inspection -- When you entrust your garments to ClassiCleaners, we inspect them before, during, and after processing. Upon receiving an order, we carefully tag your garments and enter them into our computerized inventory control system. Our specially-designed software ensures the most accurate tracking of garments, thereby virtually eliminating lost or mixed garments.
Next, we inspect the general condition of your clothes, checking the manufacturer's care label instructions, noting the fiber content, looking for unusual or buttons or other trims, possible color loss, holes and the like and note any special attention that may be needed. If we think you may not be aware of damage prior to processing your garments, or if there is a possibility of a problem during processing, we will telephone or email you to discuss our concerns. ClassiCleaners believes you have the right to make the final call on treatment of your garments. Items requiring any type of special consideration are kept separate and receive an extra tag specifying those instructions: wet clean, leather trim and so on. We prepare your garments prior to cleaning as necessary for protection, including: covering or removing buttons, securing shoulder pads, and blocking. Garments are sorted according to fabric type, fabric weight, color and degree of soiling.
Cleaning -- It takes a trained, experienced and skilled spotter to know which stains can be removed safely and how best to do it. The key word is safely! What's the point of having a spot removed if the color also is removed or the treatment causes a hole and ruins the garment?
Our expert stain fighters at ClassiCleaners remove spots safely because they know what to use, how to use it and when to stop treatment. Our stain fighters have a wide assortment of professional-grade cleaning products and tools at their disposal plus decades of experience. ClassiCleaners cleans each garment according to its specified care label, and of course, when certain items such as a beaded formal gown, an angora sweater or jacket with a leather trim require individualized special care, it is handled appropriately.
Finishing Touches -- Different fabrics require different handling. Pressing of fine garments also requires special, expert care. Our knowledgeable and experienced pressers carefully hand finish your clothes according to their special needs to restore their original shape and appearance. Sizing and other finishes are reapplied as necessary. Some fabrics--like linen or cotton--usually require more heat and pressure to produce a crisp finish, while fine wools and wool blends generally require a soft press to avoid a shiny finish.
As with all ClassiCleaners cleaning services, our finishing is expertly done with special attention to different types of garments. As examples:
- Shirts/Blouses: All sleeves are rolled, meaning pressed without a crease, unless otherwise requested. Special attention is always given to the collar & cuffs. You won't find any impressions on button or pocket flaps.
- Pants: Pleats line up with the crease, but you won't find any double creases going down your leg, the way we do it! All lining is steamed out, and pant legs that should be rolled are delivered perfectly every time!
- Jacket/Blazers: The lapel rolls from the top button. There are no impressions or shine, especially under the pocket flaps. The lining is pressed to perfection.
- Sweaters: After cleaning, we carefully block sweaters, then gently card and remove any of those annoying pills & lint.
“Little Extras” include performing minor repairs free of charge, for example:
- * If there's a missing or loose button, hook or loop, we take care of it for you.
- * If there's a loose label, small open seams, or a few stitches out of the hem, we pull out a needle and thread and sew it right up!
- * Zippers are checked. If it's stuck or tough to zip, we put a little zipper wax on it and boom...it's an easy slide!
- We notice the tiniest details...down to the finest holes. There is a small charge for special handling, such as removing and resewing fancy buttons or other ornaments. If major repairs are needed, we will call or email to inform you of the charges and to see if you want it repaired, if it's not previously arranged.
- Any lint remaining is carefully removed to finish the job!
Making the Grade & Passing Inspection -- Finally, all garments are inspected again with precision before leaving the assembly area. If a garment doesn't pass inspection, it's returned to the appropriate station until our full-time quality control inspector is completely satisfied that you'll be pleased. (She's a real stickler for details and we're proud she's on our team!)
Finishing a Quality Job -- Finally, we package your garment so it can stay clean, pressed and fresh!
- Jackets and blazers are hung on heavy hangers with a shoulder guard. A plastic guard is used in front to hold the lapel in place.
- Some items are bagged separately. Pants, skirts, sport shirts are put three or four to a bag. Most orders are organized to include a maximum of five pieces.
- Belts are attached to the same hanger with the matching garment.
- Two piece outfits, such as a suit, are bagged together in the same bag.
- Paper dust covers are included for each order, except for laundered shirts.
- Ties are put on tie boards.
- Silky, slinky and/or delicate sweaters are hung over a strut hanger with tissue paper to avoid stretching, puckering and wrinkles.
- Regular sweaters are carefully folded with tissue inside and placed in a plastic bag.
We accommodate most special requests. Just ask us. We're here to do it your way!
Satisfaction guaranteed -- ClassiCleaners unconditionally guarantees the quality of our cleaning and your service experience with our store. See our Customer Care Commitment for more details!
And that's the bottom line. You're our customer--and we appreciate it! While you'll often see “We Love Our Customers” slogans on hangers used by other cleaners, we prove our devotion to your satisfaction through the dependable, high-quality service we offer. Still think all cleaners are the same?